Posted - Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:05:14 PM
Employment Type - Full-Time
Education Requirements -
Experience Requirements - Experience: 3+ years in animal field, management, or supervisory role, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and coaching skills, excellent organizational skills, acts as a role model within and outside the company, maintains a positive and respectful attitude
Special Requirements - Responsibilities include:
- Report on, identify, and manage projects to meet company objectives for the daycare department. Work with other departments to ensure a high quality overall customer experience.
- Ensure operations run smoothly. Supervise 2-3 daycare attendants at a time. Be ready to step in and assist or fill in for team.
- Listen to team needs and concerns, identify, and implement improvements. Keep team informed of daycare policy changes, current dog behavior, and department news.
- Develop and manage team training plans. Train daycare attendants on playgroup management techniques and on daily operations.
- Monitor employee performance. Work with team to set each team member up for success, provide guidance, work through any performance issues, and recognize successes.
- Manage staff schedules and vacation requests, ensuring ample coverage at all times.
- Develop relationships with customers. Communicate their dog's behavior and resolve customer service issues
- Continuously evaluate dog behavior to ensure daycare environment is a good fit for dogs. Discuss dog with Dog Training team and develop and execute behavior management action plans. Continuously refine and develop enrichment programs and playgroup management techniques.
- Develop and run daycare marketing events
- Ensure facility is in working order, identify and complete repair and improvements. Ensure department is fully supplied with the right products to support operations.
Job Description - Fur-Get Me Not, voted Northern Virginia Magazine's top rated dog daycare and kennel facility in 2012 and 2015 and recipient of an Angie's List Super Service reward in 2013, is seeking a dog enthusiast to join their daycare management team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced dog handler who is comfortable with dogs of all sizes in a group setting, has experience leading teams, and wants to work in a small, family owned and operated business. We are looking for a full time Assistant Manager.
Full time benefits include holiday pay, vacation pay, and the opportunity to participate in Fur-Get Me Not's health, dental, and vision plans.
There are a lot of companies that offer daycare in this area; so why Fur-Get Me Not? We are a family-owned pet care business and since we opened our doors more than 14 years ago, we've become the DC Metro area's trusted source for dog walking, pet sitting, dog daycare/boarding, and dog training.
Our dog daycare is a high energy indoor dog park-like environment that enables dogs to socialize, burn off excess energy and learn. It's our job to make sure every dog has a fun and safe experience. Our attendants engage the dogs with various toys and work towards understanding their personalities and play styles to interrupt and redirect inappropriate behaviors.
If you love dogs, have a positive attitude, exceptional dog handling skills, and a great work history, we urge you to APPLY ONLINE at www.furgetmenot.com/Employment
Company - Fur-Get Me Not
Address - 4140 S Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA 22206
Contact Name - Katie Lammers
Phone - 7032290164
Website - http://www.furgetmenot.com/