The Alaskan Malamute belongs to the Nordic Sledge Dogs group (FCI classification) and was used for pulling sledge and for traveling long distances in Arctic temperatures. It is a powerful, muscled dog with a thick guard coat and woolly undercoat. The Alaskan Malamute is an affectionate, friendly and loyal dog. It comes in gray and white or black and white colors. Browse a nationwide list of Alaskan Malamute breeders to find a malamute dog or puppy.
||Alaskan Malamute Puppies
Alaskan Malamute breeders in Arizona, California, Oregon, South Dakota, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Indiana, New York, Virginia, Michigan, Texas and Washington.
The Malamute is strong, courageous, with remarkable stamina and absolute loyalty to his owner. He is friendly with those he knows, but since he has wild traits, he needs careful and intensive training. He must always know that his owner is firm and decisive. Before you even consider bringing an Alaskan Malamate to your home, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Can you guarantee that all members of the family are willing to commit to this domineering dog's training and socialization and practice consistency?
2. Do you have time for exercising you dog for at least 90 minutes every day?
3. Do you have time to feed your Malamute 2 or 3 times a day to prevent the deadly canine bloat?
4. Do you mind having hair all over furniture, in the carpet, on your clothes or in your food?
5. Do you have time for regular brushing your dog?